Advanced Combat Awareness
From Unofficial Ansalon Wiki
Combat awareness is a skill that you use automatically. It helps you to thwart disarms, dirt kicks, arrows/ranged attacks. It also helps you be able to retreat (new command, same as flee) in a particular direction. Advanced awareness in, available soon (found skill).
Combat Awareness & Advanced Combat Awareness Help you:
- Parry, avoid being parried.
- Shield block, get around shields.
- Counter attacks, avoid counter attacks.
- Dodge attacks, hit the dodger.
- Bite, avoid being bitten.
- Bash/Shield Bash, and avoid being bashed.
- Dirt kick, and avoid being blinded by dirt.
- Gore, and avoid being gored.
- Trip, and avoid being tripped.
- Backstab, and avoid being stabbed in the back.
- Flee in combat, and retreat in a specific direction.
- Rescue people in Combat.
- Kick, and avoid kicks.
- Disarm, and avoid being disarmed.
Advanced Combat Awareness is available to be found at levels:
- Mage/Cleric: 95 (8 points)
- Thief: 49 (6 points)
- Warrior: 55 (6 points)
- Paladin: 57 (6 points)
- Ranger: 61 (6 points)
- Templar: 69 (7 points)
- Battlemage: 75 (7 points)
- Monk: 44 (6 points)
The Warriors guild in Palanthas might have more information.
-This is how it appears on my warrior, I am unsure how to proceed with the quest at this point.
Gaining the Skill
I checked the Warrior's Guild in Palanthas fairly thoroughly and did not discover any hints, speech activated mprogs, or any other expected way to start a quest. Checking on OOC got me few responses, most from people who had no idea about the skill. Potentially useful (or misleading) comments are posted below:
- You OOC 'Imm, is the quest to get adv combat awareness in game for warriors? I'm trying to hunt this down and get it started and noone seems to know (or be telling)'
- An Immortal OOCs 'All i'm saying is having a figurine of your own race is _very_ cool..'
- Lysathara OOCs 'umm i believe the quest and such is in place for clavers ;)'
- Lysathara OOCs 'yea well when they got 30k diamonds and 3 leaders that keep up on that kinda stuff... its to be expected'
- Loror OOCs 'I already have the skill.'
- Loror OOCs 'yeah Chislev Gave it to me'
- Penumbra OOCs 'i don't think adv comb aware is in yet'
- Falkore OOCs 'anyone know where casters gets combat awareness'