From Unofficial Ansalon Wiki
Character Creation is the process you go through when you want to make either a new or your first character. Whether this is your first or hundredth time creating a character, this information will help you make your choices.
By What Name Art Thou Known?
Ansalon has a story line based on the Dragonlance series of books. We ask that a few guidelines must be followed in creating names.
- No trademarked names -- Frodo, Sparhawk, Zifnab, Rand, etc.
- No compound names -- BlackHawk, DragonFire, IronClaw, etc.
- No vulgarity or offensive names (you should know what we mean).
- Names should have some roleplaying aspect to them.
- Names should NOT be titles such as DarkMage, BlackKnight, Demonspawn etc.
- You may set your title upon creation with the title command.
- Don't name yourself something your mother wouldn't call you,
- Any names chosen not deemed appropriate shall be changed.
Different races have different starting statistics, and also different stat maximums for magic items and training. Creation points (CP) increase the amount of experience it takes to gain a level.
- If this is your first time creating a character, choosing a race may be daunting, but don't worry you can make any race work, even if it's your first time. If you don't know what to choose, Human is always an easy choice, it has a lot of options and is balanced in every attribute.
|Human||2||Jack of all trades, but master of none|
|Kender||7||Natural born thieves (but don't call them one)|
|Silvanesti Elf||6||Good mages and clerics, natural leaders|
|Qualinesti Elf||5||Well rounded in most disciplines, but not strong|
|Kagonesti Elf||3||Wild elves, good warriors and thieves|
|Dargonesti||4||Sea elves, similar to Silvanesti|
|Dimernesti||4||Sea elves, similar to Qualinesti|
|Half-elf||3||Human and Elven characteristics and skills|
|Neidar (Hill Dwarf)||5||Excellent fighters, decent Clerics|
|Hylar (Mountain Dwarf)||6||Excellent fighters|
|Theiwar (Dark Dwarf)||5||Excellent Thieves, decent Mages.|
|Daegar (Dark Dwarf)||5||Excellent Thieves, decent Rangers.|
|Klar (Wild Dwarf)||5||Excellent Fighters, decent Rangers.|
|Aghar (Gully Dwarf)||1||Stinky, lovable, Warriors and Thieves.|
|Ogre||9||Natural Warriors, Decent Clerics/Magi|
|Gnome||3||Mages well sort of when they are having a good day!|
|Goblin||2||Wiry little warriors and thieves, not too bright|
|Hobgoblin||5||Brute Warriors, not as smart as a Goblin|
If you would like to see more detail about racial attributes and classes, see Racial Stats.
Choosing A Class
There are eight different classes available to choose from when you make your character. SOme classes are limited only to certain races, and each class has their own particular skills, spells, and features.
- Mage Mages are the complete spellcasters. They have mastery of almost all magic known to Krynn.
- Cleric Clerics are the avatars of the Gods. They get their power from their chosen deity.
- Thief Thieves specialize in the stealthy arts, as well as combat skills.
- Warrior Warriors are the toe to toe, heavy handed fighters. Their prowess in combat is unequaled.
- Paladin A Paladin is primarily a Warrior; however, they also gain certain powers from their God.
- Ranger Rangers are excellent fighters, but they lean more towards a Thief in their approach to combat, stealthy and swift.
- Battlemage These mages concentrate solely on those powers and abilities that will aid them in a battle.
- Monk Fighters that are better using their hands then most classes are with weapons; lead a non-materialistic lifestyle.
There are three different alignments to choose from in character creation, each with their own clans, gods, and spells associated with them. The three alignments in Ansalon are;
Do you wish to customize this character?
If it is your first time here, it is HIGHLY suggested that you choose to not customize your skills and spells. We have hand picked the best ratio of skills/spells to exp per level for a new player. Customizing your skills/spells is a more advanced function of the game. If you do customize it is suggested that you keep your experience per level between 3000 and 8000.
Do you want to partcipate in Player Killing? Choosing yes will give you the option of attacking (and being attacked by) players in the game who are within seven levels of you.
Once you are in game, you can change your PK status by using the pkstatus command until level 15. Once you reach level 15, your pkstatus will be permenant.
Do you want to participate in player killing? (Y/N)
We use e-mail addresses to help players recover lost passwords, find missing characters, and things of that nature.
Ansalon will never sell your e-mail information.
If you would rather not enter your e-mail address you can just enter "none" and continue with the creation process.
What is your email address?
You are born into the world, a fresh soul locked within the skin of a young adult. Your life is what you make of it. Be strong, be weak, be proud, or be meek. The choice is yours to make. Adventures await you. Stories beg to be told. Don't stand on the fringes, jump into the world with your feet planted firmly on the ground, ready. Welcome to Ansalon, and the World of DragonLance!