From Unofficial Ansalon Wiki
Combat awareness is a skill that you use automatically. It helps you to thwart disarms, dirt kicks, arrows/ranged attacks. It also helps you be able to retreat (new command, same as flee) in a particular direction. Advanced awareness in, available soon (found skill).
Combat Awareness & Advanced Combat Awareness Help you:
- Parry, avoid being parried.
- Shield block, get around shields.
- Counter attacks, avoid counter attacks.
- Dodge attacks, hit the dodger.
- Bite, avoid being bitten.
- Bash/Shield Bash, and avoid being bashed.
- Dirt kick, and avoid being blinded by dirt.
- Gore, and avoid being gored.
- Trip, and avoid being tripped.
- Backstab, and avoid being stabbed in the back.
- Flee in combat, and retreat in a specific direction.
- Rescue people in Combat.
- Kick, and avoid kicks.
- Disarm, and avoid being disarmed.
Combat Awareness is available to be found at levels:
- Mage/Cleric: 75 (8 points)
- Thief: 19 (6 points)
- Warrior: 15 (6 points)
- Paladin: 17 (6 points)
- Ranger: 21 (6 points)
- Templar: 29 (7 points)
- Battlemage: 45 (7 points)
- Monk: 14 (6 points)
The skill was originally a bit too powerful according to the imms. No hard data as to how much it helps in combat is available.