From Unofficial Ansalon Wiki
Icewall is one of the most hostile environments of all of Krynn. The cold temperatures and biting winds will freeze most exposed flesh in minutes and the deadly ice bears who wander the tundra are known to be aggressive. The southernmost portions of the glacier are so cold that to stopping to rest is death sentence.
Despite the hazards, two groups have established themselves in the region. The Thanoi, or walrus-men, have settled in the southwest corner of the glacier. These hostile demi-humans are typically isolationists. It is rumored their encampment has all manner of strange resources. Exotic potions to strange armors crafted from the metal of meteorites could be just the beginnings of the Walrus-People's hidden treasure.
Vying with the Thanoi for the extremely limited resources of Icewall is a small group of human barbarians. The rugged humans are nearly as difficult to make contact with as the Thanoi, as they distrust all outsiders. The few furs that have been brought from this area are rumored to be of incredible quality, far surpassing those found in warmer climates. The human village is located in northeastern area of the glacier.
Buried deep in the heart of Icewall Glacier is the fabled Icewall Castle - a long abandoned keep rumored to be the former refuge of the White Dragonarmies. No one has managed to corroborate this story as recent landslides have prevented anyone from reaching it.
Other strange things lie in Icewall Glacier as well. Rumors abound of ancient sages, strange towers, and fearsome dragons. These tales of drunken sailors sound too fantastic to be true, but perhaps there is a nugget of truth within.
The southernmost area in the game. Icewall has quite a few mini quests and hidden treasures all around. You need to gain the trust of it's inhabitants in order to access some areas. There are also a few dragons around, so do be careful.
kassr, ice beetle, brash
- An old man will answer your questions. (known keywords: dragon, sacred ice)
- A young Thanoi will ask for your help finding starmetal. It is probably found somewhere in the vicinty.
- A young Human is also trying to prove himself to his tribe. You will need the pelt from an ice bear.
- A fisherman will ask for his lost fishing rod. He will reward you with something shiny.
- The spirit in the mines will send you on a quest to Garnet. She will let you pass east towards the Dragon.
- The wounded white dragon will tell you his story. Retrieve the Ice Orb from Kassr.
- A Thanoi will ask you to check on the Warchief.
- -- Ancient white dragon
- Permafrost diamond. (Cold resistance 5, 4/4, held)
- Longsword "Holocaust" (5/5 ave 31, 20 hps, con 2 str -1)
This area connects to:
It is currently under the control of: UNKNOWN
Takes a while to pop. Delvar. Deactivate or the whole thing goes boom!