Ansalon runs using the Ansalon 1.5 code base.
Where we came from…?
DikuMUD by Hans Staerfeldt, Katja Nyboe, Tom Madsen, Michael Seifert, and Sebastian Hammer.
CopperMUD by Linh Ngo.
MERC 2.1 code by Hatchet, Furey, and Kahn.
ROM 2.3/.4 copyright (c) 1993-1998 Russ Taylor.
Ansalon 1.5b3 (c) 1996-2017 David Leverich & Jesse Nelson
Previous: David Gathright, Jason Dotter, John Patrick,
Scott MacLean, James Lutter, Chris Leary,
Shane Lindstrom and others who left their footprints.
Code & Building Development Chronological (:
- 1996-1997: David/Ahotasu – Head Coder/Founder
- 1996-1998: Shane/Deason – Founder
- 1996-2001: James/LoBes – Head Builder
- 1996-2001: Jason/Jair – Coder/Founder
- 1998-2004: John/Bharish – Head Coder
- 2004-2006: Scott/Demilon – Coder
- 2011-2014: Chris/Geriant – Coder
- 1998-Current: Jesse/Malum – Head Builder
- 2000-Current: Dave/Skol – Head Coder
Great inspiration for MUDs came from Colossal Cave Adventure and Zork. See the help-files in the games, you’ll note some homage to them in places as well. As well as Original MUD and MUD2. The original text-based interactive fiction games are here.
Images through out the site:
The image portraying the High Clerist Tower with the three moons was custom artwork done by Kaelay for Ansalon MUD.
The website continued development and design by Dave Leverich aka ATAcards.com/DSL Designs (Aka Zivilyn/Skol). Building site content by Dave Leverich. WordPress theme was originally ‘MiddleEarth‘ by SMThemes.
If you feel that some of your material is represented on our site without your permission please contact us at email@example.com and someone will get back to you as soon as possible.